- Weekend Fun in Fairfax County - April 24-26, 2015 0 comments
- Transurban Begins Grant Program for Express Lanes Corridor Nonprofits 0 comments
- “Can You See Me?” Campaign Shines Spotlight on the Homeless 0 comments
- Local Nonprofit Group Presents 'Perils of the College Drinking Culture' Program 0 comments
- Budget Gets Marked Up 0 comments
- Outlook Optimistic for Local 2015 Real Estate Market 0 comments
- “Can You See Me?” Campaign Shines Spotlight on the Homeless
- Local Nonprofit Group Presents 'Perils of the College Drinking Culture' Program
- Budget Gets Marked Up
- Community Rallies Behind Fire Victims
- Fairfax County Pays $2.95 Million to Settle John Geer Wrongful Death Suit
- Mount Vernon: Martin, Smith Lead Majors to Comeback Win over Titans
- Mount Vernon: All-State Outfielder Zyzyk Transitions to Catcher
- Little League Opening Day in Mount Vernon
- Mount Vernon: Sports Briefs for the Week of April 4
- Mount Vernon: Fort Belvoir Swim Team Competes Nationally
- Editorial: Connection Papers Win Awards
- Column: Veto Session on Ethics, Voter ID, Government Surveillance
- Letter: Fairfax Won’t Charge Officer
- Column: Seeking Economic Equality for Women
- Editorial: Counting Homeless; Solution Is Housing
- Democrats Debate for District Supervisor
- Mount Vernon: Foreman Drives Senate District
- Mount Vernon: Surovell, Krizek Deliver Petition on Route 1 Widening
- Mount Vernon: Hundreds Attend Budget Hearing
- Sargeant Kicks Off Mount Vernon Supervisor Campaign
Last week, we returned to Richmond for the annual Reconvened or Veto Session where we considered about 20 vetoes and 60 Governor's amendments to various bills. First, Governor McAuliffe signed the state budget we passed so there were no budget amendments to consider for the first time in my six sessions. However, that did not speed things up.
After a Mount Vernon High School student and family lost their home in a fire on April 14, principal Nardos King sent an email the following Friday morning to school staff and the Mount Vernon “Keep In Touch” contact list asking for donations to help the family start over.
Mount Vernon boys’ lacrosse improves to 5-1, TC falls to 3-7.
The Mount Vernon boys' lacrosse team overcame a 7-1 deficit to beat T.C. Williams 12-11.
In March, 2015, 117 homes sold between $1,300,000-$100,000 in the Mount Vernon area.
Mount Vernon Home Sales: March, 2015
South County Federation hosts supervisor candidates’ forum.
Members of the South County Federation civic association welcomed the four Democratic candidates to replace Gerry Hyland as Mount Vernon District supervisor for a debate during their April 14 meeting in the South County High School Library.